Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Thai Red Curry and Coconut Soup with Chicken

I know it's been forever!  It's just not a priority in my life right now.  But I still try new recipes now and again but I don't do much crafting lately.   Since this recipe was typed up, in my not really firm in my directions way. I figured I would post.  Picture leaves A LOT to be desired.  I shared this soup with some ladies in the neighborhood recently and nobody died.  I really like it.

Thai Red Curry and Coconut Soup with Chicken


  • 1lb chicken
  • 1-2 green onions chopped, more to taste
  • 1 can lite coconut milk
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • equivalent of about 4 cans chicken broth and water. so maybe about 6-8 cups? (I use home made broth and it might be stronger than canned broth for mine it's about a cup or two of strong broth and the rest water. Maybe start with half and half then add more chicken stock if you need more chickeny)
  • 3 Tbls. fish sauce - to taste also
  • 1/4 cup lime juice
  • 1 Tbls. Thai red curry paste
  • 1 Tbls. sugar
  • 1 cup chopped bell pepper
  • Cilantro - 2Tbls fresh? 1-2 tsp. dried - to taste
  • Thai Basil - 2Tbls fresh? 1-2 tsp. dried - to taste
  • Salt/pepper to taste
  • red pepper or flakes to desired hotness (I just use a dash, I don't make this soup too hot.)


Cook chicken with preferred method. Cube or shred. In soup pot, add chicken and onions, stir till softened. (May use a little oil of your choice)  Add coconut milk, milk, broth/water and fish sauce, and sugar. Simmer gently. Stir lime juice and curry paste together. Add Bell peppers, basil and cilantro and lime/curry mixture. Continue to simmer for flavors to come together, at least 20 min.  


Serve it with rice, ladling the soup over a little or as much as you like rice in the bowl.


Thai Red Curry and Coconut soup with Chicken
 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails