Monday, November 16, 2009

Carmel Dip

Apples and Carmel Dip.   I was looking for a simple treat to take to a glutein free gathering and fruit was on my mind but I was having a hard time thinking of something not baked.   I'm not sure what prompted it, but, carmel dip seemed to be the answer.

This recipe was given to me by a past neighbor.    She always seemed to have a fun sweet treat when we had our YW meetings.

Carmel Dip

Ingredients
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup butter
3/4 cup corn syrup
1/8 teas. salt

Combine all ingredients in saucepan and bring to a boil.  continue to boil to soft stage.  (I like mine a little less thick)
Remove from heat and stir in 1 tsp vanilla.
 Serve warm, it's easier to dip that way.  Not Hot, just warm, we don't want any burns.


Shhh, don't tell,  but when I made this last, these pictures, I accidentally left out the corn syrup.   It still turned out alright, I only let it boil about 1  minute but as soon as it cooled it sugared up or started crystlizing.   I didn't realize I had left it out until just now as I copied the recipe.  I thought something was wrong but I couldn't figure it out.  Now I know and so do you.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails