Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Chicken Salad



There are so many Chicken Salad recipes out there.  And everyone has their favorite I am sure.  I like most of them and don't really have a favorite.   This is the first chicken salad I ever made and it's the one I've stuck with.  I don't actually make it very often.  I think the last time was about 5 years ago.  And the time before that was probably for my one-time roommate's wedding shower.    I don't know why I don't make it that often.  I guess it doesn't strike me as a regular dinner meal, I don't host parties too often and I know my younger kids won't eat it.  My oldest surprised me however by having seconds.  I may have to start making it more often.

Chicken Salad

2 cups chopped cooked chicken
3/4 cup sliced celery
2 Tbs chopped sweet pickles
1/2 cup almonds
2 diced apples
4 Tbs sliced olives
2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
3/4 cup mayonnaise (I use a little less)
lemon pepper and salt to taste

Combine all, chill.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails