Thursday, March 25, 2010

Monster Cookies


Yet again another flour free food.  I am not sure why these are called monster cookies except that the recipe calls for them to be big, and I think the ingredient possibilities might make them monsterish?    Anyway they don't call for flour which is why I made them.  I have been making these for years and use them especially when I have to make cookies for someone I know can't eat wheat.   I made these simply with chocolate chips but the recipe suggests all sorts of stuff from raisins to m&m's.  It's all up to you.  I don't remember where I got the original recipe from and all I have is a list of ingredients.  So I will do my best.  Also I always cut this recipe in half.

Monster Cookies

6 eggs
2 cups brown sugar
2 cups sugar
1 Tbls vanilla
1 Tbls corn syrup
4 teas. baking soda
1 cup butter
2 2/3 cup peanut butter
9 cups quick oats
any mix-in's you want, raisins, choc chips, m&m's, etc.

Preheat oven to 350deg.  Beat eggs, add sugars, vanilla and corn syrup and beat with eggs.  Add baking soda and stir.  Beat in softened butter and peanut butter.  Stir in oats.  Stir in other things.   drop onto cookie sheet in desired size, I wouldn't make them too small.  I do a large rounded tablespoon.  Bake 12-15 min.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails